Friday, January 11, 2008

Still Need Your Sweets?

If you are like me and need a little sweets once in awhile, here's a few ways to get it.

SWEET:
*2 tbsp of sugar free chocolate syrup only 25 cal.
*fat free coolwhip with a sugar free cup of jello
*Weight Watcher has a lot of low sugar, high fiber treats (cost a little more-about $3.00/ 6 or 8)
*the chocolate FIBER ONE bars, 140 cals but 9 grams of fiber and yummy- I have for breakfast
*take a graham cracker, break in half, spread on 2 tbsp fat free coolwhip, drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup on it, put 2nd half of cracker on top and freeze for a little while.
*need something sweet to suck on and get good breath...breathsavers 5 cal. compared to 20 cal./lifesaver
*chew sugar free gum while preparing meals...less tempted to pop food into mouth...those little bites add up fast.

SALTY:
*honey wheat pretzel sticks
*97% fat free popcorn- high fiber

Just a few ideas of things I ate when I lost over 30 lbs last time I did this (before my 3rd kid)
Jenny- I want to see all your yummy ideas from when you did WW. Thanks Wendy for setting up the blog! Good luck everyone!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

One thing I always try to do is drink lots of water while I cook dinner. I'm usually thirsty while I cook and then it makes me eat less at dinner time!

Great snack ideas!

Holly said...

thanks for the blog Wendy! I'm confused though...i'm new to the whole blog thing and it seems like there is a section for comments and a section to post a new blog thread. I guess I can't figure out how to post a new blog, so I'll just leave a comment here.

I love the graham cracker idea with cool whip Lori. i can definitely see myself using that one. i worked out this morning (second time this week). Crazy how working out actually gives you energy. I felt giddy afterward and was ready to take on my day. it felt good to get my body moving again after it's been idle for SO LONG! You know what I've decided I'm most excited to lose? My muffin top! :) Anybody else?

also--I have to say Wendy that your blog alone inspired me even more for this weight loss because now it's become the "GREAT" weight loss and that's a lot to live up to. :)

Wendy said...

Those are some great snack ideas escpecially since we all need something sweet to eat. Even though I technically don't have a certain weight I'm trying to get to I know that having all this support from you guys will help me too because I really am trying to get in shape and eat healthy. So thanks for letting me be a part of it!