No, I haven't given up, but I've had a set back, that's for sure. This is what I've realized about myself:
1. If there's any kind of stress or unbalance in my life, my workouts get put on the back burner and I have a HUGE desire to bake chocolate cookies and eat them ALL (okay, Isaac and Jon can get one too)
2. Once I've started the day with one bad food choice, the whole day goes down the drain.
3. when I feel like I haven't done so well, I'm scared to get on the scale and will avoid it at all costs.
4. If I haven't gone grocery shopping, my food choices get pretty bad.
5. BUT...I always feel renewed again when I go grocery shopping, so tomorrow is grocery day and I'm planning my menus and getting some good things, and I'm ready to get back on the wagon, or off the wagon, or however that saying goes.
Here's my stats so far: Lost 2 pounds, but now up a half a pound. As Bonnie put it, I forfeited a two pound loss this week because I let myself get distracted and discouraged. I could have been down two more pounds (maybe) if I had been strict.
You guys are inspiring and I'm glad we have this blog. thanks for holding me accountable.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's ok. That's the cool thing about next week. You have a whole new week to repent. :)Like I should be the one to talk.
Holly I totally understand. I got on the scale yesterday and instead of being a lb or 2 less, I was a pound more. Now I am all bummed and feel so tempted to just eat crap. The sad thing is that I still workout everyday and only have eaten 2 or 3 points extra the last 2 days??? But WE WILL DO THIS!! Good luck- Lori
I don't think there's anything "shameful" about your post at all. I love your honesty, and I can totally relate--especially to the part about eating bad the whole day once I start out badly. (I SOOO do that!)
I have also gained a pound back, which I hate, but I still want to keep trying. Why does this have to be so hard? It's nice to be in this thing together!
Don't you just LOVE the ups and downs of life? It REALLY does affect your eating and exercise doesn't it? One minute you are doing great and then next, your not. I guess the real test is how well you can get back on track and it sounds like you are doing just that! Good job.
Post a Comment