Thursday, January 10, 2008
Here It Is
So I just started a blog for the weight loss group. I hope you don't mind. I got the feeling that some were interested but didn't quite know how to get one started. I set it up so we're the only 5 people who can write on it and who can view it. At least I hope that's what I did. This will be a great way to share ideas, recipes, and support eachother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray! We have a blog! I was reading the posts of the girls from Spokane, and it got me so inspired. I really miss them--it made me a bit home sick for Spokane.
So as my first confessional, let me tell this story. I have eaten absolutely anything I wanted since Thanksgiving, which means that I am what I eat--junk. So on Monday when I worked out for the first time, as I began to sweat, I smelled terrible. It was like my body was purging all the horrible stuff I had eaten. Since then, I have been working out regularly and drinking A LOT of water, and it hasn't happened again. Crazy how your body stores up stuff like that, huh?
Oh, and here's one of my favorite recipes. Pasta is hard for me to give up, so here's a light version. Also a good source of calcium!
Stuffed Shells
2 C. Fat free cottage cheese
4 oz. (1 C. shredded) part skim mozarella cheese
1 egg white
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 pound cooked pasta shells (or about 24 large shells)
3 C. pasta sauce
Cook pasta and set aside. Mix all ingredients (except pasta sauce) together and stuff into each shell. Place in 9x13 pan. Cover with pasta sauce. Bake covered at 350 degrees x 30 minutes.
I always serve this with a mountain of steamed veggies.
(1 shell = 1 WW point)
hey jenny- sounds very yummy. will have to try next week!
Post a Comment